Try this quick test to see which you are.
– a pattern emerges…..
I talk to many business owners and sales personnel every week. They experience a variety of obstacles to business growth during their working week. I find it rewarding to help them remove or overcome these obstacles.
The common theme or pattern emerging is the fact that too many of them are OPERATORS, rather than MANAGERS. For them their business is a day-to-day job, rather than a planned and managed activity focussed on business growth, development and success.
Here are some Salient questions to see how you fare:
Note: there are no right or wrong answers, every business is different.
1. How much time per week do you spend planning your business, your strategies and activities? 0-10%, 10-20%, 20-30%, more than 30%?
2. Is your email alert switched on all the time?
3. Can you switch off or ignore the ‘phone when engrossed in important business
4. If someone asks you to do something for them, how often do you…
…… do it, schedule it or decline it?
5. Do you fully understand the difference between ‘urgent’ and ‘important’?
6. Would you say you are pro-active or re-active in your work with customers?
7. Do you follow your own plan, or are you part of someone else’s?
Are you happy with your answers?
A further observation is that operators do not tend to revisit their business plan; they set few, if any targets or objectives; they seldom monitor or review progress; and they find they spend a lot of time ‘fire-fighting’.
Is this you…or at least partly you?
Salient designed the BUSINESS FOCUS SERVICE for just this situation. As a monthly mentoring package it is structured to provide face-to-face expert sales consultancy focussing on sales and business development, together with an on-call facility to cover any day-to-day issues. You’ll find more details here.
TO SEE THE LANDSCAPE AHEAD,
YOU NEED TO COME OUT OF THE TRENCH ON A REGULAR BASIS!